Sexually Transmitted Infections:
- Diagnosis and treatment/management of all common sexually transmissible infections including:-
- Rapid HIV testing using Determine® HIV-1/2 Ag/ Ab Combo which provides simple, fast and accurate diagnosis in only 20 minutes. Click here for more information on this test.
- Post exposure testing and prophylaxis for Chlamydia, Hepatitis and others.
- HIV Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) if sexually exposed to someone with HIV in the previous 72 hours.
Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP):
- Have you had a high risk exposure to someone who you suspect is HIV positive?
- In such a situation, post exposure prophylaxis i.e. treatment with HIV drugs for period of 28 days, is now being offered by STIdoctor to decrease or eliminate the risk of you acquiring HIV infection.
- Studies of prevention have previously been done following needle stick exposure of health care workers to a HIV infected person’s blood. These studies have shown that initiation of HIV medicines within 72 hours have an effect in preventing the health care worker from catching HIV.
- While no studies have been conducted convincingly following sexual exposure, a recent review of all available studies has suggested its value (Bryant, Baxter, Hird. Health Technol Assess, 2009.).
- Thus worldwide for the last 5 years, and now in Ireland, many centres are making HIV medicines available to individuals following very high risk exposures (e.g. men who have sex with men, unprotected sex with individuals from endemic countries where HIV is very common, following sexual assault etc). Public programmes are available at St James Hospital, the Mater Hospital, and through the Sexual Assault Treatment Unit (SATU) at the Rotunda among other places.
- For those wishing to avail of private and confidential evaluation for such treatment, STIdoctor is now offering such services.
- To find out more please click here or here
Other Infectious Diseases:
- Diagnosis and treatment of other bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections in children and adolescents and adults
- Chronic and recurrent infections
- Respiratory diseases e.g. tuberculosis (TB)
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin infections and dermatological problems
- Other complicated infections e.g. osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Men’s Sexual Health:
- Screening, evaluation and treatment of sexual dysfunction including:
- erectile dysfunction
- testosterone deficiency
- premature ejaculation
- Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
- Private and confidential evaluation and treatment of infectious diseases related occupational health exposure: HIV, Hepatitis, MRSA and other hospital acquired infections.
- Corporate evaluations and consultations e.g. flu vaccination for staff, prophylaxis of influenza.
- Pre and post travel evaluations, vaccinations, treatment and advice
- The following vaccinations are available
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningitis Type A
- Tetanus and Diphtheria
- Yellow Fever
- The following preventative treatments are available
- Malaria prophylaxis
- Diarrhoea prophylaxis
- PEP – HIV prophylaxis
- Ideally, it is best to present for your vaccinations and advice some 6 weeks before departure date to ensure that all vaccination courses can be completed before travel
- Hepatitis B vaccines
- Influenza vaccines
- Pneumococcal vaccines
- Travel vaccines (see Travel/Tropical Medicine section above)
- Review and evaluation of medical compensation related to complications of infectious diseases.