- Q1 - Do I have to be referred?
No, referral letters are not required.
- Q2 - How do I make an appointment?
Simply phone either of the numbers below to discuss an appointment or alternatively use the contact form here and we will contact you.
Office (+353) 01 716 6330
Mobile (+353) 0872613778
- Q3 - How long will my appointment take?
A typical appointment takes around 15-30 minutes, but will vary depending on the tests required.
- Q4 - What actually happens at a consultation?
A history is taken – an examination is carried out and relevant tests are done where appropriate.
- Q5 - How long will it be before my test result are available?
Within five working days, usually by telephone.
Rapid HIV test (Determine® HIV-1/2 Ag/ Ab Combo ) results are available in 20 minutes.
- Q6 - Will I need to come back for further appointments?
Possibly, depending on diagnosis.
- Q7 - What charges are involved?
ALL INCLUSIVE STI SCREENING AND TREATMENT - €200
- Initial Consultation
- All Diagnostic Tests*
- Follow-up and Review
- Most Treatments**
* Rapid HIV test an additional €30
** Exclusions apply
TREATMENT ONLY - €100
- For pre-diagnosed infections e.g. genital warts, herpes
- Includes consultation & treatment
25% discount for Students & Medical Health Care Workers (with valid ID)
- Q8 - How can I make payment for my treatment?
Payment can be made by cheque or in cash. Unfortunately, credit cards are not accepted.
- Q9 – Are my results confidential?
All private patient records are confidential and are not sent out from consultation unless specifically requested by the client.
Get In Touch
If you have a question or a comment (reg. appointment, availability etc.) please complete our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Your non-medical query only.
Location & Contact
The Catherine McAuley Educational & Research Centre,
Nelson Street (just off Eccles Street),
To leave a message and get a call back, please call the office number.
Mobile (+353) 0872613778 | Office (+353) 01 716 4530 | Fax (+353) 01 716 4535/4537
Hours of Operations
Tuesday & Thursday afternoons 1-7pm.
Monday morning 1030 to 1230.
Saturday morning 0900 to 1200.
All other times (inc Evenings & Weekends) by special arrangement.